Amazon Canada is looking to hire 15,000 warehouse workers and to pay up to $21.65 an hour Canadian.
This is a big jump from $16 dollars they were paying just a week ago. All current workers will get a raise of between $1.60 to $2.20 an hour.
“We are growing very rapidly in the country. Our business is expanding a lot, and we want to continue to stay focused on our customers, so we obviously have needs around hiring and retaining top talent.”
Sumegha KumarDirector of Customer fulfilment operations for Amazon Canada
Amazon Canada is currently employing around 25,000 employees across 46 warehouses in Canada. Amazon is growing rapidly in Canada. Just last year they only had 30 warehouses.
On top of amazing starting salaries – Amazon is also providing the following great benefits:
Health and Benefits
At Amazon, every full-time employee, regardless of their position, level or tenure, has access to the same benefits. Some of those benefits include:
- Wages from $17 per hour to $21.65 per hour, with a $100 bonus for new and current employees who show proof of vaccination
- Comprehensive health benefits starting on day one with no waiting period
- RRSP matching
- Stock units
- Kids & Company special packages including a guaranteed spot at Kids & Company Child Care locations within six months of registration, a 10 per cent discount off monthly in-center tuition, waived registration fees, back-up care options and access to virtual workshops and events
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan provided by LifeWorks and available 24/7 to help Amazon employees and their family members feel supported, by phone, online, and in-person
- Access to up-skilling training programs that meet employees where they are, through Amazon’s commitment to invest $75M to skills-train 100,000 Amazonians by 2025
- Additional paid parental leave benefits for eligible employees